As you might already know, most of the video baby monitors are operated by buttons, but it is not the case to the Summer Infant Baby Touch.
With a slide of the finger on the parent unit, you can remotely zoom or move the camera with ease. You can also find several nice features such as pan, tilt and zoom on it. Anyway, it is a special monitoring device that would make it super easy for you to watch your infant.
Benefits of the Summer Infant Baby Touch
- It is quite easy for you operate the intuitive 3.5” touchscreen like a smartphone
- You can remotely scan or tilt the camera to observe the nursery without waking up him or her, because the cam is so quiet when moving
- It could be fun or helpful to talk to your little one by the talk back feature
- Great and friendly customer service
Main Features Of This Summer Infant Baby Monitor
1) It Couldn’t Be Any Easier For You To Use It
As mentioned above, the user-friendly touchscreen interface might be the first thing that attract your attention. You can do all the operation on it: brightness settings, video volume control, pan, tilt and zoom. And there is a magnetic docking station to hold the monitor unit for convenience.
2) You Can View The Entire Room By A Slide Of The Finger
The other cool feature is that it’s a real PTZ baby monitor: the camera is capable to move from two directions: side-to-side and up and down. It allows you to move the camera via remote control to focus exactly on your baby’s position or to observe what is happening around the whole room.
There is not any noise made when you are moving the camera, so that your baby won’t be disturbed at all when you are doing it. By touching the zoom menu on touch screen, you are able to move your eyes closer to the baby. However, the resolution of the picture will drop in this case. Anyway, it makes it so easy to keep your toddler or mobile baby under your supervision all the time even when he or she is playing.
3) You Will Get Great Audio but Average Video Feed
You might already knew that the most important part of a best baby monitor is its audio and video quality. How does the Summer Infant perform on these two basic functions?
You are able to view exactly what your baby is doing as it offers a crisp image on the 3.5″ color LCD screen. But to be honest, the video is not perfect as it could be a little dark sometimes. I mean it loses a point on this part when compared to some real HD digital camera like Motorola MBP36 video baby monitor. And, again, this is not a deal breaker.
The audio sounds quite clear without any noise. You can even hear your infant rustle around in the sheet. Besides, with the talk back feature you could lull your baby to sleep without going to his or her room and always let him or her know you are there for him in the first place.
The camera of the Summer Infant Baby Touch digital color video monitor is wall-mountable, which makes it easy for you when you try to watch over your baby playing or sleeping from any angle you like. This option is particularly helpful to monitor the newborn. Besides, it’s expandable to monitor 4 cameras at a time. Just buy another individual camera if you are lucky to get another little family member.
5) You Can View and Hear Your Baby From Each Corner At Home
The effective reception range of the Baby Touch is up to 400 feet, which is pretty enough for ordinary houses. The signal is strong enough unless there are way too many walls and floors there. In that case, you may encounter some signal interference once in a while.
6) The Battery Life Is Pretty Good
You could get up to 10 hours of usage on a charge. It doesn’t have VOX mode like the Infant Optics DXR-5 does to expand battery life. However, the LCD will not light up unless you press on the screen’s bottom or right strip. When batter goes low, you will be alerted by an indicator which could piss some people. So it is always a good idea to plug it in over the night.
There are more ordinary features that we haven’t covered yet, such as night vision mode and multiple camera capacity. Please visit Amazon to learn more.
- It doesn’t offer thermometer module that is common in other high price baby video monitors, but this function is kind of bells and whistles to some people.
- And as mentioned above, the lack of VOX capability to save power is an obvious downside.
- Some customers complained that the signal of the Summer Infant interferes with Wi-Fi occasionally, but one can solve this issue by replacing the old router with a new and better one.
- The quality of the video feed could be better
Generally, the Summer Infant Baby Touch an extraordinary baby video monitor despite some little flaws. We appreciate the impressive features of it. If you are not a big fan of HD video, you are probably gonna love it.